Friday, November 28, 2008

November is OVER!!

Or at least mine is. And that means I can go back to leading the absurd life I love. Though I must admit, this past week I've been taking more time for the absurd and less time for the studies ... which has resulted in some very late (or non-existent) nights. But let's forget all that. Because my wonderful, wonky, wacked out life is back (how's that for alliteration?). 

So tomorrow is the last national day. European. It's good. I'm actually participating in this one (I just couldn't handle another show where I just watched!!!) despite the craziness of the past few weeks. I'm doing a modern ballet with Anouk and a few others. It's neat. Also, Irish dance and Greek dance. It's sorta interesting, there's a lot of folk dance (by North American definition) in this show. You know, not so many arm movements, lots of feet and lines and circles. It's sort of interesting. I hadn't realized that we didn't have that in the other shows. It actually makes for a bit of a boring show. But not entirely. 'Cause there is some really wonderful stuff in the show as well. Lots of spoken acts about political stuff or history of whatever. It's nice. A lot more informative than your standard show that is just packed full of dances. There's also a fair amount of songs and such. Woohoo! Anyways. 

So my bass has arrived. The BIG one. Yup. It's beautiful. Absolutely magnificent. The art students are crazy about it. Haha. I love it. And my bass teacher is really good. It's really motivating me this year to have good teachers and an exciting challenge in the form of a monstrous instrument to play with. I feel like a real music student again. I love it. I will send a picture someday. I have no idea how on earth I'll go back to just playing my boring electric after this. And not having access to such a beautiful instrument. 

So anyways, this another really short post. I just wanted to celebrate being done with November. Yay! You see, I just finished my chemistry exam. And that is really the last element of November for me. After that it's just normal work load. I'm actually going to town this weekend. First time since the second week of October. 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Try night shifts, lol. In comparison to the all nighters I used to pull constantly for papers, it's like 5x worse. Ugh.